Splash Pad Park Services Process
PLANNING AND INSTALLING a properly engineered splash pad park will save you time and money in long-term maintenance, operational costs and allow for flexibility when expanding or upgrading your aquatic play solution.
Phase 1: Site Planning & Analysis
Conduct a full analysis of your site to ensure that the intended design complies with local culture, local building codes and best construction practices. Appoint an aquatic project manager to manage the scheduling, pre-planning, resource forecasting and other technical activities required for your splash pad park. Additionally, you can have your project manager in charge of handling all communications with your aquatic designers, landscape architects and splash pad installers.
Phase 2: Feasibility Evaluation
Evaluate all of the relevant factors that could affect the success of your aquatic play project.
We need to think about these questions:
1. Where is the water supply coming from for the splash pad?
2. What water consumption rates should I expect?
3. What kind of water-cycling & water management system is needed and which is the best solution for the splash pad?
4. What is the total project budget – including products+transport+installation+maintenance +personnels and other related costs?
Phase 3: Input From Stakeholders
Collect feedback from nearby residents and potential visitors to measure how well the splash pad plans align with the needs, wants and priorities who will be using it. So, do your research and leave the guesswork out of planning! Some key things to consider are–
1. Is the splash pad targeted to a specific age group? Should play zones be considered?
2. What do the people want? A zero-depth aquatic play pad or an aquatic play pool with water slides?
3. How will the splash pad impact its surroundings? Should we consider eco-friendly solutions?
4. Is there a theme that will be carried into the aquatic play space? ( Learn More about our WaterPlay Collections that are designed to inspire creativity and adapt to any environment.)
Phase 4: Interactive Aqua Park Project Drawings
Prepare the project drawings to create a visual representation of all of the required components for your splash pad park. The drawings should clearly illustrate and define:
1. The overall layout of the splash pad and the placement of each of it’s play features(position diagram of each items, play moving-path)
2. 3D Effect drawing of each function zone, the entry area
3. The spray radius and flow rates for each feature
4. And finally, the piping schematics(plumbing drawing, backwater drawing)
5. Below are a few helpful examples of splash pad project drawings for review purposes.
Phase 5: Acquisition of Permits & Approvals
Contact the local Health Department to find out the professional health regulations of the splash park. It is also crucial to identify the necessary city or state building permits that will be required for the installation phase.
Phase 6: Manufacturing & Construction Process
You’ve thoroughly planned, analyzed and signed off on all matters related to your aquatic play project.